The Grant-Winning Fast-Track
A step-by-step process for finding, filtering and winning R&D grants for your startup
This Fast Track is specifically designed to help you win R&D grants for your startup. The content of this course is based on my experience winning over $8M in government grants, and helping my friends win over $100M.
In this Fast Track, I compile the best grant-winning tactics from my many conversations over the years, including startup founders, grant program managers, grant-writing consultants, lobbyists, and even the Secretary of Energy.
Inside, you will find:
- How to avoid common pitfalls of first-time grantwriters!
- My “9 Point Reality Check”
- How to tailor your proposal, including specific examples of words you can use to win
- The “7 Ts for Startups”
- And so much more...
This course can help you even if you've never written a grant before, or if you have failed to win in the past!
Dr. Raymond Weitekamp is the founder and CEO of polySpectra, an advanced materials company on a mission to transform polymer 3D-printing from a prototyping aid into a production manufacturing tool. polySpectra's core technology is based on a discovery Raymond made during his PhD research at Caltech, where he worked in the laboratories of Prof. Bob Grubbs and Prof. Harry Atwater. Raymond was a member of the founding cohort at Cyclotron Road, the groundbreaking hard technology innovation program at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Prior to Caltech, Raymond received an A.B. in Chemistry from Princeton University, cum laude. Outside of polySpectra, he is an investigator on an ARPA-E funded research project towards inexpensive, paintable coatings to improve the energy efficiency of single pane windows. He is an inventor on 14 granted patents. Finally - Raymond curates PhDtoCEO.com, a website dedicated to helping scientists transition into entrepreneurship.
Recent & Relevant Awards:
- 2018 Cyclotron Road 'Pay it Forward' Mentorship Award (for PhD to CEO)
- 2018 Tough Tech Summit Panelist
- 2018 World Materials Forum Startup Challenge Finalist
- 2018 NSF SBIR Phase II Awardee
- 2017 Forbes 30-under-30
- 2017 NSF SBIR Phase I Awardee
- 2016 Winner: SF Cleantech Pitchfest
- 2015 Cyclotron Road Fellowship, Cohort 1